Online training with podcasts, video links and more
Check the validity of Mindfulness training for Primary schools
It is very important when you are choosing a Mindfulness training organisation focused on Teacher Training programmes in schools, to pick an organisation where the guiding teachers are qualified as Mindfulness teachers AND Primary School Teachers, skilled at bringing the benefits of Mindfulness to this particular age group. Our Mindfulness Teachers are primary teachers and understand both the time constraints involved in introducing this practice coupled with the various attentions spans of children of this age. This results in content and advice which is practical, effective and potentially life changing for your students.
Please note there is currently no specified training time requirement set out by the UK Mindfulness Network for Mindfulness Teacher Training programmes in schools. The first programme on your journey as a Mindfulness Teacher for Primary Schools is the Professional Training in the Applied Use of Mindfulness for 7 – 11 year old programme. Further training would include our MBCT Teacher Development Programme. Please give us a call to discuss any queries you might have.
Who is this course aimed at?
- Tuition on how to impart the gift of Mindfulness to 7 – 11 year olds is delivered in a flexible manner online
- Our methods are based around games and fun in order to increase engagement and learning of the skills
- In understanding the current workloads of teachers and youth workers, our methods can be slotted into current classroom timetables seamlessly
- We provide you with tuition on developing your own Mindfulness practice and self-care
- Our guiding Mindfulness in Education teacher is a qualified Mindfulness teacher AND a Primary School Teacher who is highly experienced in bringing Mindfulness to this age group
What makes this course unique?
This Professional Training in the Applied Use of Mindfulness is aimed at participants who are interested in teaching Mindfulness to 7 – 11 year olds. It will be of particular benefit to primary teachers, school principals, learning support staff and youth workers. The Irish Mindfulness Institute will provide a Certificate of Attendance as evidence of further professional education.
What are the requirements?
- It is important for you to be able to find the time to do your own Mindfulness practice during the course – this aspect of the course will require a commitment of approximately 15 to 30 minutes a day
- Each week you are required to complete a short assignment (approx 150 words) recapping on your learning
Click here to add your own text